The Death in the Family level (Dartmoor, England) in Hitman 3 requires you to find a Case File. This guide explains how to get the case file.
- The Case File is located in a safe in Alexa Carlisle’s Office on the 2nd floor. You can head there straight away, no need to defeat Alexa or gather any clues!
- The 2nd floor requires a Bodyguard disguise. You can find an isolated Bodyguard in the Trophy Room on the ground floor, he’s easy to take out in stealth. There are also some single bodyguards on the 2nd floor balconies.
- Now you can walk past the guards on the top floor. Enter the first door on the right to the big office.
- Press the button on the office chair. This reveals a safe behind a picture to the left.
- Enter the safe code 1975 to open the safe.
- Pick up the Case file from the safe. That’s the Case File location, all done.
Alternatively, you can solve the Murder Mystery (see Means, Motive and Opportunity Story Walkthrough), then after you report your findings to Alexa you can ask for the Case File as your reward. In this scenario she opens the safe for you.
Normally, the way you’d find out the safe code is by looking at the 4 symbols above the safe (Clock, Telescope, Fire, Moose). Then you’d have to find those 4 objects around the manor, each of them has the corresponding number on a wall. The code 1975 is fixed and the same for each player on each playthrough.
And that’s where you find the case file in Hitman 3 Dartmoor. Now just take out Alexa and exfiltrate the mission area.
For more tips and tricks, check out the complete Hitman 3 Wiki & Strategy Guide.