In Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart you must collect 60 Zurpstones for the ‘Help Trudi’ quest on Planet 2: Sargasso. However, you will notice there are some seemingly unreachable Zurpstones on building rooftops or floating high up in the air. This guide explains how to get the unreachable Zurpstones.
The way the Zurpstone quest works is that there are certain reward tiers, and new abilities unlock as you find more Zurpstones. Simply put, you must find any 45 Zurpstones on foot and then you can ride a dragon that shoots fire balls to destroy the Zurpstones you couldn’t reach before.
- After finding 15 Zurpstones and returning them to the quest giver, all remaining Zurpstones get marked on the map automatically.
- After finding 30 Zurpstones on foot you unlock the flying dragon mount called Trudi. But it can’t destroy the Zurpstones in the air yet.
- After finding 45 Zurpstones on foot Trudi unlocks an attack to shoot fireballs in the air. This allows you to shoot the “unreachable” Zurpstones in the air while riding the dragon (hold R2 to shoot fire balls). There’s no need to return to the quest giver, the ability unlocks instantly upon finding the 45th find Zurpstone. Sometimes it’s buggy, in this case simply enter your spaceship, travel to another planet and come back, then it should work properly.
- Ride the dragon to shoot down the remaining Zurpstones. If none are left on the map but you’re still missing some, check the area where the side quest started, to the west of the side quest giver (those Zurpstones aren’t marked on the map but you can easily see them from the air thanks to their purple glow).
- After finding all 60 Zurpstones, return to the quest giver to get a Spybot.
If you need help with any Zurpstone locations, check out the full Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart Zurpstone Locations Guide.